United Academy League Rules and Guidelines
¨ FIFA Laws will be applied to all age groups except as identified below:
* All formats above include keeper.
Game Day Rules:
Game Day Paperwork and Required Forms:
· Players must be born 6 prior to August 1st to be eligble for the Fall/Spring soccer year.
· Players must be an age pure U7 before any play up may occur.
· Teams cannot have players play down in any games.
· 8 games scheduled, 6 games guaranteed.
· Games will be played on Sundays at Allen, Frisco, McKinney, and Plano fields
· Standings will not be kept for the U7 - U9 age groups
· Two corner flags per team are required (Note: some location may provide flags)
· Offsides will be called in all divisions of play.
· All substitutions are sole discretion of the referee who may permit a team to substitute at any stoppage.
· Each team is responsible for paying the officials half the fee at the game.
· Game Report must include player’s name, jersey numbers and NTSSA player registration of every player who will be participating in the match. The form must be submitted to the head official before each game. Only registered players may participate. Each player must be registered with the local NTSSA home association in which the player resides in. The coach must have a copy of each players academy form at the game.
· If a red card is issued the Center Official will turn the game report to the league director otherwise, the coach must submit the game report to McKinney Soccer Association office via fax or email within 24 hours of the competition.
– Fax: 972.548.8322
– Email: email@example.com
· All coaches and assistant must be registered with an NTSSA Association with a completed background check.
This League will follow NTSSA Rule.
1. A “Soccer Academy” is a group of Under 7 through Under 10 registered NTSSA recreational players who desire to participate with other players without following the recreational team formation rules. Players must register with their home association and may or may not be on a recreational team, unless required to be on a recreational team by their home association. Academies are to be governed by NTSSA Youth Associations, and NTSSA Youth Associations may host as many Soccer Academies as they deem desirable. Academy teams are governed by the league in which they participate. (If more than one association is involved in an academy league an A&D committee should be in place.)
2. Coaches, trainers, administrators, etc., of Soccer Academies must have satisfactorily passed the criminal background check and information sent to NTSSA.
3. Soccer Academy play is in addition to recreational play. Players may join any Soccer Academy of their choosing within their age group, and are not required to obtain a release from their NTSSA recreational team to participate on an Academy Team. Players must present a form of proof of registration signed by their home association registrar each time they participate with an Academy. Players may join as many Soccer Academies as they like as long as the Soccer Academy is recognized by a North Texas Soccer Member Youth Association. No formal contract or written commitment may be signed by or on behalf of the player to commit a player to an Academy team. The Academies may charge a fee to cover expenses in addition to the player’s recreational soccer registration fees. Academy players may participate in only one Academy tournament at a time. Violations of this rule shall results in sanctions against the offending party (coach, assistant coach, manager, parent, or other team representative), which could include suspension from all soccer activities for a period of time. (Updated Jan 2013)